Are You IT?
Mason-Brown IT is seeking applications for a Field Service Technician position to join our dedicated Client Solutions team in Ballarat. To be successful in this challenging and diverse role you will need to demonstrate:
- excellent communication and problem solving skills,
- determination and commitment to learn and succeed,
- a passion for technology and its use within a business context,
- eagerness to participate and engage in a dynamic team environment
The Field Service Desk Technician operates within our Client Solutions service team and is responsible providing reliable and timely field support to our customers ensuring efficient diagnosis and repairs on a range of information technology equipment at the same time providing a high level of customer satisfaction ensuring the compliance of contracted SLA's and in a professional and timely manner. This relates to all technology, including: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
On offer for this position is:
- Ongoing industry training and development
- A remuneration package recognising qualifications and experience
- An enjoyable and supportive team environment
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving core business applications and operating systems.
- Support of disaster recovery solutions.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security and VoIP.
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- System documentation maintenance and review in support systems.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent time management skills and experience with working within Service Level Agreement boundaries;
- Possess a minimum of 3 years experience in the IT customer services industry;
- Experience working on IT equipment is essential including switches and routers
- Ability to support wide variety of IT products and solutions as well as various customer types;
- Must possess good customer service and telephone communication skills;
- Effective interpersonal skills with confident decision making ability;
The ability to work proactively / interact as part of a team;
- Able to undertake local travel to support remote client sites;
A "do whatever it takes!" attitude.
- Minimum three years experience in a similar role diagnosing and repairing a variety of IT products;
- Successful completion of a TAFE Electrical Engineering, Communications or Computing Certificate course or equivalent.
- Current Drivers License (preferably manual)
How To Apply
To apply for this position please email your resume and cover letter detailing your suitability for the position to email@example.com.